The outbreak of COVID-19 has evolved rapidly, and businesses must now consider the safety precautions they must implement to their business models in order to operate in a Covid-19 world. Exposure to COVID-19 presents a potential health risk to staff members and the public in all business premises. Employers are advised to follow the latest public health advice put in place by Government. This means identifying and implementing suitable control measures to mitigate the risk of the spread of the virus in the workplace. These public health measures should be communicated to all relevant employees and others at the place of work.
Employees should follow the official advice and guidance also put in place by Government. This includes ensuring good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing and respiratory etiquette.
Back to work
Employers and employees are encouraged to follow all good hygiene advice in order to protect against infections and should seek professional healthcare advice if unwell.
Protective Shields can provide the following benefits to businesses operating during the Covid-19 era:
Useful links & Resources
- Government Website – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- COVID 19 – Advice for Employers and Employees – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
- Citizens Advice – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/health/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you/
- ACAS – Advice for employers and employees – https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
- Visit Britain – https://www.visitbritain.org/covid-19-new-coronavirus-latest-information-and-advice-for-businesses